Sunday, November 23, 2008

NYSCATE 2008

In about an hour I will be heading downtown for the 2008 NYSCATE conference. I am psyched! I am looking forward to learning some new things and making some new connections. I've set some goals for myself... Here they are:

One thing I hope to do this weekend is to make a connection with a teacher who is interested in collaborating in some sort of distance learning project. My students are really starting to see that learning does not merely take place inside our room. They are researching earthquakes at home, writing on their bogs on Saturdays and while they are away on vacation. I really want to foster this and keep this movement happening. What better way than doing a project with someone far away? Any takers?

Another thing I would like to get out of this week is to challenge my thoughts of technology in schools. I am really looking forward to listening to all of the keynote speakers, particularly David Jakes and Gary Stager. I am looking forward to the 'big picture' discussions and how they will challenge my previous thinking of technology's role in schools.

Last, among many others, I want to continue to develop my PLN. That may include trying out some new tools like Twitter, and it hopefully will include meeting many fantastic people.

Check back for more, I will be writing lots over the next two days...

No comments: