Monday, January 24, 2011

Note to Self

Our Pad for the Weekend
Always confirm room reservations.  Or book them yourself.

This morning, one of the guys (Mark) that is in this years EduCon crew stopped in and asked if I had heard anything about our room reservations, of which I had not. I placed a quick call to the Windsor Suites and they had no reservations for us.  In addition, they already had a wait list of 7 or more. Not good.  I'm not sure where our reservations got lost, somewhere between our building secretaries and myself, I think.

After some quick phone calls and some finagling, and an additional 70 bucks per room, we scored a room at the Embassy Suites just across the street from the Windsor. I hear that it is actually much nicer that the Windsor. We will see.

Oh, and I hear that Wilt Chamberlain once lived there when he played for the Sixers. That's pretty cool.  Not sure I want his room though...

1 comment:

Brian C. Smith said...

Much nicer. A pitch away from Mace's where much discourse will happen. Glad you've added to the Western NY contingent. Looking forward to it.

What sessions are you looking at? Also, have you seen #EduConText that Zac Chase and Bud (the Teacher) Hunt put together? Might be of some use for brining back what we learn/discuss.