Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Future for Tessa Rae


Tonight, as I rocked my daughter of two weeks to sleep I couldn't help but think: What is school going to be like for my little girl?

I've only been at this for 4+ years and I am already light years ahead of where I was in the beginning.
My first year I don't think I went home without overhead marker covering my hands or colored chalk all over my back. Only one year later was I playing with SMART Notebook using only a projector. A year later I was lucky enough to get a SMART Board mounted in my classroom. This year was the year of web 2.0, classblogmeister, wikis, podcasting, skype, connecting with classrooms outside of our building...

If I have gone from the dinosaur ages to where I am now, what will be the state of education in 2018 when my little Tessa is entering the fourth grade? Will she 'go' to school? Will there be books? Pencils? I can't even begin to imagine.

No comments: