Friday, June 13, 2008

Ok, I'm A Rookie

So I've been reading all of the educational technology stars blogs for some time. You know who I am talking about, David Warlick, Will Richardson, Brian Crosby ... I'm just a newbie compared to them. I've only been teaching for 4+ years now and this is my first year experimenting with web 2.0 technologies. That said, I've been hooked on technology from the start. I feel behind the times and ahead of the curve all at the same time, if that makes any sense.

I've been thinking about expressing my thoughts through a blog and have been encouraged to do so by a few colleagues that I respect greatly. To this point I thought I had nothing to say, nothing too profound to add to the ongoing conversations going on out there in 2.0 space so I felt that reading and commenting here and there was enough. With the end of school quickly approaching I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could add something. Something of relevance. So here it is... linked.woodster.

I can not promise anything consistent here. I thought, for the longest time, that a blog needed to have a consistent platform, topic, format, or stance. I still am not sure about this, but this blog certainly won't. I am sure I'll write about the big picture, reflect on events from school days, talk about things that worked (and didn't work), and ask questions, with the focus being on technology in education. Elementary education specifically.

An important person in my life once told me, "Don't be the salt if you are really the pepper." Well, here we go... I am an elementary education teacher with lots of thoughts. Now it is time to share them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I admire your courage in getting into the blog game, so to speak. I think having a blog opens up the possibility for discussion and learning that would not be as available and accessible otherwise. We all must start somewhere before moving forward. Way to go, Travis!